News   
    What's New   
    Contact Us   
    Search   
    Your Position: Home > News

    Is polyacrylamide toxic?

    2018/5/10      view:
           Polyacrylamide is essentially non-toxic, because it is mostly discharged in the short term after entering the human body, and it is rarely absorbed by the digestive tract. Most of the goods do not stimulate the skin, only some water disintegration may have residual alkali, when repeated, long-term contact will be irritant. The food and Drug Administration of the United States believes that the disintegration of PAM and its water is low toxic or nontoxic. The toxicity of PAM comes from the residual acrylamide monomer and the toxic metal entrainment in the process of production. Acrylamide is a neurotoxic agent, which has a damaging effect on the nervous system. After poisoning, it shows the weakness of the body and the symptoms of dyskinesia. Therefore, the health departments of all countries have stipulated that the content of acrylamide in the polyacrylamide industrial products is generally 0.5%---0.05%. When applied to the general purification treatment of water, the content of acrylamide is less than 0.2%, and it should be less than 0.05% when used for direct drinking water treatment. The standard of polyacrylamide produced by the international health and Health Organization in 1985 indicated that when the residual AM in PAM is below 0.05% and the dosage is controlled, the content of treated water will be below 0.25ug/L, which is in line with the drinking water standard of most countries. At present, the main countries in Europe and America generally stipulate that the content of residual AM in drinking water treatment and food PAM is less than 0.05%, and the amount of PAM is controlled.
    The situation of some cationic polyacrylamide is much more complex. This is because the amino groups and other groups introduced by cationic polyacrylamide are usually more toxic than anionic and non-ionic groups. Their chronic toxicity is further studied.